Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Polka Dot Babies/ Karate/ Ride em Cowboy/New Bellaisms




Sunday night Kailia developed a weird rash. It started on her arm, and by morning it was EVERYWHERE! Her poor little face had it the worst. I took her in to to see the doc (because it wouldn't be a normal week for us if we didn't) and they said it's a virus. Another flipping virus. As we were there talking to her, Paislee started breaking out in the same one. Luckily it isn't too bad. She said it will get worse, then start to get better. My poor little polka dot babies!

Yesterday Bella had the opportunity to go to a Karate class taught by our good friend Dallas Lawrence over at the Bobby Lawrence Karate Studio in Saratoga Springs. Wow! Can I just tell you how impressed I am? There were six kids in the class. Bella was the youngest of the six. It took her a while to catch on, but after about 10 minutes she was running around with them having soo much fun. She loved it. What a great outlet for kids. The best part is they aren't just learning Karate skills, but other life skills. The skill they focused on was actually Focus. They also go over appropriate times to use karate, respect, discipline, following directions, leadership skills, and much more. It was Bell's first time in a classroom setting. I had so much fun just watching. Dallas was so great with all the kids. He was very animated and funny. The kids really listened to and respected him while having fun. Bell loved it, and loves her Little Ninja uniform too. So dang cute!


I took the girls to Thanksgiving Point to see the petting zoo animals. Bella loved riding the horse all by herself. Tinies were fascinated with the ducks and other animals. I could spend all day at Thanksgiving Point. They have so many fun kid-friendly things to do.

Bella invented another word yesterday. I think it's pretty clever (but then I am the inventor of "finger-knee"; the knuckles on your fingers)

B: while patting my sternum "This is your Forechest" (ya know, like how the forehead is on the front top part of your head...)

5 comments:

T!FF said...

How stinkin cute!!! I need to blog more!! It's my outlet! I'm sitting her trying to work remote from home at 10:30pm after already putting in a 10 hour day at the marina but not wanting too... Thus the reason I am peaking at your blog! Thanks for posting such cute things about your life, makes me smile!

Chelsie said...

So scary, the rash! How convenient to have one break out at the doc, though, right? Your girls are SOOOO beautiful. It cracked me up how Kailia just laughed all through you taking pictures of her rash. So adorable. Karate looks fun! Will you continue?

Angi Snyder said...

Roseola, right? Iz got it when we were in Georgia right before her first birthday. She was sick in Georgia with the fever, so when she broke out in the rash a week later I didn't make the connection, thought it was just heat rash. She ended up passing it on to her cousin of the same age at her party :(. They will probably get it a couple of more times until they are around 3, just to warn you!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

Actually the PA said Erythema Multiforme, not contagious thankfully! But still annoying.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythema_multiforme

Katie Goss said...

Didnt you also invent Knee pits?