Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where are the Cocoons?

Last night I heard some whimpering by my bedroom door. Since Levi always puts the pillow over his head when this happens, I got up to see what was going on.

There is a blanket covering a bump on the floor by my bedroom door.

Me: "What's wrong bella?"
Bell: "I am scared. They are going to get me!"
Me: "It's okay come in, you can sleep on my floor."

Well the floor by my bed turned into making herself comfortable in the bed. But when she woke up, she still couldn't shake this bad dream.

Later on that day....

Bell: "Mom, where are the cocoons?"
Me: "Cocoons?"
Bell: "The 'coons that get your eye!" (makes a scratching motion)
Me: "OOOH, Raccoons?"
Bell: "Yeah, they were trying to get you! And they scratch your eye! Where are they? Where do the 'coons live?"
Me: "The 'coons won't get me. Dad and Dakota will protect us from them. They live in the forest."
Bell: (still very afraid) "We will tell them- GO AWAY Cocoons! And they will go away. And Kota will bark at them!"

I told her everything would be okay and not to worry. But how do you explain to an almost three year old, that dreams aren't real?

How sweet that she came down in the night last night, worried about the 'coons getting us!

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

Ahhh. That sweet baby. Such a nice momma to let her sleep with you! I love that you are a mom. You needed to be a mom. Because you lovely girls would have missed out on YOU!

Angi Snyder said...

Time for spray. Get a spray bottle of some type and write "coon spray" on it. Make it all official looking. Spray her room with it. We did this for weeks with Ty's black puppy under his bed that would try to bite his bum.