Sunday, June 21, 2009

new ride


I am excited to say that we are finally buying a "new" car! A bigger vehicle has badly been needed for our growing family. With two infant carseats and one toddler seat, we have been squished! Today, we found a sweet deal on KSL for a Ford Explorer. It's a little older, but has comparatively lower miles. It's also in great shape. The only problem is it only has two rows of seating...which is fine for us NOW. But what about when we want to take a little friend or cousin along? Or what if we have another baby? I was determined to find something! In case you all are wondering check out this website. For $750 (including shipping) we are adding a third row bench to our car.

It was invented by a grandma who wanted a vehicle that could fit all 6 of her grand kids. Her husband didn't want to pay for something that big though. Long story short, they invented a 3rd or 4th row bench for SUVs that matches your car's interior. It also passes all the safety standards of an existing seat. It can even be put into an Excursion to seat 11 PASSENGERS! Isn't that crazy? But oh so brilliant.

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

Wow, Lynds. That sounds so much cheaper than buying a new van!

Amy Sorenson Roberts said...

I'm telling ya, I swear by the mini vans! I have one and love it! but thats really cool about the third row seat, i never knew there was someone out there that did that