Monday, May 25, 2009

Back to the Hospital

Another trip to the hospital today. Bells woke up saying, "Mom, I just don't feel good today." I watched her labored breathing for a couple minutes and knew it was not good. I was worried the pneumonia was back. She and I got colds last Tuesday or Wednesday, and we both started coughing a couple days ago. Now Tinies are sick too.

I talked to the on-call dr. and he said to just take her in to the ER, since {of course} she is sick on a holiday. (Why do my kids get sick only on weekends, holidays, or at night?)

She got 2 breathing treatments, some steroids, and more X-Rays of her chest. No pneumonia. She has a fever now though which means it isn't asthma. The doctor called it an Upper Respiratory Infection caused by a Virus. Probably picked it up in nursery.

Bella does get her very own Nebulizer now, which is exciting for her. Funny, because she wanted NOTHING to do with it at the hospital. I am starting to recognize the faces at the hospital now. The X-Ray Tech that is a mix between Dr. Sweets on Bones & JD on Scrubs, The Respiratory Therapist with the white fluffy hair that helped with the twins' birth, Dr. Davis was there the last few times we've been in...

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so sorry. We went through this a lot with James for the first 9 years or so. Let me know if there is anything we can do. Really, call us! 801-701-0721 Give Bella our love and you get some sleep!

Coley said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! Poor Bella!

Chelsie said...

How scary, tedious, necessary, tiring! You are such a wonderful mom. I wish I were there to help, too, and I actually hope you call my parents because then, in a wierd way, I will think I am helping;). I hope she recovers well! I'll bet it is such a relief to have your own nebulizer at home. So nice to know you can help her if she needs it, I'll bet.

Jen Yak said...

Poor little Bell Bell. Let us know if we can help in any way!