Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Super Busy & Happy BDay Papa Don


I can't believe how busy we got. I mean, all of a sudden! Bella was in the hospital with Pneumonia last week. She had been 104-105 for about 6 days, without a big cough. I took her in on a Saturday, and the NP said "it's probably just a virus". So I went home feeling stupid and paranoid. By Monday, she still was 105 and I brought her along to the Tiny's checkup. The doctor could tell she was completely miserable. Listened to her breath, checked everything and said he thought it was pneumonia! Dr. Edwards is pretty amazing. No one would have thought pneumonia. She was hardly even coughing. Even the nurse at the hospital said she didn't think that was it. After a chest XRay and some blood work, yep PNEUMONIA! I didn't know anything about it. I've never had it and neither have my kids. I was clueless.

Right away, they put her on an IV with some antibiotics. It took two tries to put the IV in. She was screaming and crying so loud, the entire pediatrics floor could hear. The saddest part was her crying, "stop momma. I want to get up!" over and over again. Next time, I want them to sedate her or something. Seriously, that was traumatizing for both of us. The rest of her 24 hour stay, she ignored all doctors, nurses, basically anyone she did not know. I had to laugh when her nurse came in and Sweet Pea rolled over and faced the window. I guess she figured if she couldn't see the nurse, the nurse couldn't see her and she would go away. I didn't blame her at all though. She was miserable and she went through A LOT for a little girl. How do you explain what is happening to a 2 (almost 3) year old? I tried, but failed horribly.

So while Bella is sick in the hospital, Levi is working so hard. He has gotten just slammed with work all of a sudden. I am not complaining. This is the answer to our prayers. We are so very grateful. He has been working 75+ hour weeks lately. After the slowest deadest winter, we are SO DEEPLY GRATEFUL!

I am extremely grateful for a thoughtful, sweet, hardworking, talented, funny, and handsome husband. I couldn't ask for a better guy. He doesn't complain, even though he is sooo tired and his whole body probably just aches. LEVI YOU'RE THE BEST!


Tiny's are busier than ever. They both decided they wanted to know what is going on in the world upstairs. I have caught Kailia half-way up a few times this week. Paislee is getting a tooth and is completely miserable. Now, Bell is now back to herself again (finally!). The girl cracks me up. I love my three little princesses. They bring so much light into my life. We went to the park today and doubled up Tinies on an infant swing while Bella dug in the dirt. (No that is not Bella digging, it's some random little boy).

Today is also my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday, Papa Don! We all love you and can't wait to go on a bike ride soon. Funny story about this picture....He was visiting from Canada and it happened to be his Bday soon. So, we had a little 'surprise' bday cake & ice cream. I put the appropriate number of candles on his cake. When I took this picture he was like, "What??!! I'm not 39, I am 38! Come on do the math Lyndsy." So I felt pretty stupid. But then Jen, my sister in law says, "What year were you born? She's right!" The other picture is last year at his "fake" birthday at Tucano's. He loves to get everyone else sung to even if it's not their birthday, so we had to get him at least once, right? ha ha ha

5 comments:

Jen Yak said...

That was so sad when Bella was in the hospital! She is so pale in those pictures. I'm glad she is back to normal. She will have to come over and play soon.

Chelsie said...

I am so sorry for Bella! Hooray she is healthy again. I am happy for your family! Love you guys!

Jill Revell said...

Wow...life has definitely been so busy for you guys. I'm so sorry Bella had to be in the hospital. I'm glad your business is staying busy.

Amy Sorenson Roberts said...

how sad for bella! Damien and alissa have both had pnemonia a couple times so i know what she went through as well as you! it is not fun at all! hoepfully she is feeling better! tell levi to call randy if he needs any help. he has a 2-3 week break from his dads company and has nothing to do. if anything it will get him out of the house for awhile!

Angi Snyder said...

So glad Bells is feeling better! We need to meet at the park soon! I miss Papa Don!