Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas is coming!





I really can't remember a Christmas ever coming this quickly! I feel like it's passing too quickly and I'm trying to fit all the Christmas things in. This year I got the idea from a couple different craft blogs to do an activity advent calendar. I didn't make one, but used the pockets from a fabric one I already had. Instead of candy or treats for each day, there is a slip of paper with a Christmas activity on it that Bella and I (or the entire family) get to do that day. Bella gets so excited each day to choose the new activity and she hasn't forgotten once! Now that she's 3 1/2 she knows more about what's going on and it is so fun to get into Christmas with her.

Here are some of the things we've done, or are still going to do to get the Christmas spirit in our house.

1. Today we put up our Christmas decorations
2. Today we decorate the Christmas tree
3. Today we write a letter to Santa
4. Today we make a gingerbread house
5. Today we make & decorate Christmas cookies
6. Today we make paper snowflakes
7. Today we pass out Christmas gifts to neighbors
8. Today we make a Christmas craft
9. Today we make Christmas cards
10. Today we listen to Christmas music
11. Today we make an ornament for the tree
12. Today we read a Christmas story
13. Today we watch a Christmas movie
14. Today we wrap Christmas presents
15. Today we make hot chocolate with marshmallows
16. Today we see the lights at Temple Square
17. Today we make hot chocolate with marshmallows (Bella loves hot cocoa)
18. Today we color a Christmas picture
19. Today we watch a Christmas movie
20. Today we read a Christmas story
21. Today we read the story of Christ’s birth
22. Today we go sledding
23. Today we make a snowman
24. Today we open one special gift early

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

Ok, I have to do this! Mostly to help me to budget when everything will get done! And it will help me to not feel overwhelmed if it is one thing each day. You are a genius, pretty much. Thanks woman!

Tiffany said...

I love the idea of an activity advent calendar... how fun!