Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Fun Weekend


It is so hard to get them ALL to hold still at the SAME TIME!

Kai's messy hair this morning.

Kailia's cold cold nose with her Papa

Levi with his sisters Star and Shilo

All bundled up


SLC Temple


What a great weekend we had! We went to our Ward Christmas Dinner and I was actually able to eat the Funeral Potatoes! Hooray! I love food! Then a fabulous cookie exchange party on Saturday, that Levi's sister Shilo hosted. I brought back 10 dozen assorted delicious cookies. I also claimed my title (for the second year in a row) of best overall presentation of cookies.

Then we went to our Church on Sunday. Our ward always puts on the best Christmas music. I loved it. The twins have not been to church in a couple months, though so they had a hard time sitting still. Those are the moments that are really difficult with twins. I was completely exhausted by the end. A family who has 10 month old twin girls sat right behind us. I was secretly laughing inside at them. Their whole world is going to change big time in a couple months when they start walking! ha ha.

After church, we went with Levi's family to Temple Square to see the lights. As always, it was just gorgeous. I love the strong Spirit there too. We did have a hard time finding a place to park. Next time we will definitely take Trax. It would have been worth it. We parked clear up a double hill on East Temple. Going down, not so bad. Going back up, pushing our double stroller was a challenge. Levi pushed them most of the way, while I trailed behind them. He was in super walking/hiking mode- which he says is a reflex from his mission in Brazil. I guess it is all hills there.

I had to take pictures of the girls in their Christmas dresses. Holiday dresses are the best when you have three girls. I have to say how proud I am of their dresses. I was so frugal. Bella's dress and button up shirt were hand me downs from our sweet neighbors = free. Paislee's was found at Kid 2 Kid two years ago = $6. Kailia's was a Deseret Industries find for only = $2! They are all from Gap or Old Navy and are similar styles & the sizes worked out perfectly. I love a good bargain!

I couldn't find either memory card for my good camera. So I'm a little bummed at the quality of the pictures. Maybe I'll try again next Sunday.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the pictures! We were there last night too! You need to park in the Conference center. They leave a door open so you can come and go. It is also free on Sunday. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!!!!

Jill Revell said...

That top picture is so cute! Your girls are just adorable!

Chelsie said...

WOW woman! I LOVE a good bargain, too! You were always good at smelling out the cute clothes for cheap! I am still wishing I were better. I feel good when I get clearance at kohls ;)

Katie Goss said...

Geez Lyndsy! What a bargain! I'm so happy for you and your eating abililties! You let me know whatever sounds good to you and I will make it for you!

Jen Yak said...

I can't believe you can get the twins hair in pigtails already! They look so grown up in that picture. It's kinda sad.

kellie said...

your girls are all so beautiful- so cute in their christmas dresses! hope you had yourself an excellent christmas!

Tiffany said...

Wow -- I am totally impressed about the dresses... I would have had no idea they weren't purchased all at the same time!

Congrats on the best cookie presentation too! Did you happen to take any pictures?