Tuesday, December 8, 2009

After a bad couple of days, I was at my breaking point emotionally and physically. Running on nothing for weeks now, I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. Lucky for me, my sweet Levi was smart enough to pick up on this and took care of me...

He watched the girls all yesterday afternoon while I went to the doctor and got some not so great news. If I don't start gaining some weight by 20 weeks, they will be putting me on a feeding tube. Yes, a tube that delivers calories down my throat and into my stomach. I am gagging just thinking about it. The good news is that baby boy's heart rate is great and we scheduled the 20 wk ultrasound for December 28th. We can verify that we are truly having a boy and make sure everything else looks okay.

As usually my doctor advised me to continue to eat/drink lots of sugar because that is all the baby can metabolize at this point. The feeding tube / IVs are just to keep me healthy! So that is a great assurance to me. It's good to be reminded that baby is doing great, it's just me starving. My Dr. compared me to a Costco store. The baby is getting everything it needs inside me. Kinda weird, but I give him 5 points for using an analogy.

After breaking out into tears (gotta love these pyscho pregnant hormones) not once, but twice at the doctor's office, I went to IV Therapy to get a new IV placed. After the nurse literally dug around my arm for a good vein, she finally got one. Are you feeling any pain? she asks. Well, yeah my arm is kinda sore. Sorry about that, she says. You don't have any good ones anymore. She asks me if I am okay, and I again lose it for the 100th time that day. I tell her everything and she helps me come up with new ideas to get some calories into my body. (She is a cancer survivor and went through a whole lot more nausea than I have had). She gives me a big sweet grandmotherly hug and tells me it's going to be okay. At least I get a baby out of the whole deal. I pull it together and she has me laughing by the time I leave.

I stop at the grocery store, and load up on every fatty and good that I would normally like if I weren't pregnant and nauseous. $120 later, I head home determined to eat my little heart out.

I walk in the door. Only this isn't my house. This home is sparkling and beautiful and clean! What the....There is Levi, the twins, and Bella in the kitchen making lunch. The girls are all clean and dressed. And most of all everyone is HAPPY. The house is peaceful.

I again...start to cry. Once the flood gates open, there is no going back. I am sobbing into Levi's shoulder telling him how much I love and appreciate his patience, thoughtfulness, and love for me. He is the best husband and father for my children. I couldn't ask for anything more. My Father in Heaven is watching over me and given me all I need and then some.

6 comments:

Leo said...

what a great hubby you have. every mom needs a break from the craziness, but not every mom has as much on their plate as you do. sounds like you really needed a break and good job levi for catching the hints! i hope you start feeling better soon.

Chelsie said...

OH Lyndsy! I am crying now, too! You are my absolute INSPIRATION and I just wish I were there! I know you have that husband, though, and I am glad to hear it. Thanks for posting and updating me! I worry over you and pray for your health. You are so wonderful and strong. I know God loves you! I love you, too.

Jill Revell said...

oh dear! you poor thing! what a great hubby you have.

T!FF said...

That made me all teary eyed! How incredibly sweet! I am sorry that you are having a tough time... hang in there everything will be okay, and yes at least it will all be worth it with that sweet baby boy! You & your family in my thoughts and prayers and please post the 20 week ultra sound I want see the proof too!

Jen Yak said...

I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I would love to help with the girls any time. You are lucky to have such a great husband!

nana rosie said...

Oh Sweetie, I hope you relize how terribly AWESOME you are & how greatful we are you came into our lives! I wish as Levi's Mommy I could take some kind of credit for how thoughful Levi is...BUT that is just the way he is AND has always been! Also he has had the best example from his Dad.
We love you so much AND are so excited to meet our newest baby! Hang in there! Love you, Rosie