Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blah!

Sunday night I start contracting. From 9-10pm they were 6 minutes a part. From 10-11, 5 minutes. 11-12 4.5 minutes. Finally I get so tired, I take my Uni.som and go to sleep. All day Monday same thing. Intense, strong contractions only these were 2-3 minutes a part! So I call Levi he drops EVERYTHING he is doing to take me to Labor & Delivery. My sweet neighbor comes over and helps me get the girls packed and ready to go.

I get to the hospital and yep, I am still contracting. They call my doc and he orders a shot of Morphine to "knock the contractions out". If it were false labor they will go away. So I get my morphine shot but no anti-nausea medicine (because I am allergic to the kind he ordered). My contractions are more like 1-2 minutes a part now and super strong. The morphine did NOTHING but make me feel like I was floating on a cloud so that I didn't care about the pain.

After 4 hours of steady, strong contractions, I wasn't dilating. I am getting a C-section, so I don't see why it mattered. So, doc has the nurse give me turbutaline. This made me super jittery and slowed the contractions a ton. After 5 hours, he orders another shot of turbutaline. And my contractions are completely gone. They send me home.

In the meanwhile, I wasn't able to eat or drink anything in case I was going to deliver. So I am as thirsty as a sinner in Hell. So I get a big, ole' cup of ice and water only to puke it up all the way home! What a waste of 5 hours. I am so mad! I was ready to meet our new little guy. I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant, so considered full term. I guess my doc just didn't want to work last night. I have to go see him today for my regular appointment and it will be sooo hard not to glare at him the entire time.

Wish me luck!

Here are some ugly cat pictures just to show how annoyed I am.

4 comments:

Chelsie said...

AAAGGGHHHRRRR! I would have been annoyed too! AAAAGGGGRRR! I hope it is SOON!!! You poor thing, for real. I have NEVER heard of MORPHINE to slow contractions, are you kidding me???

T!FF said...

So sorry lynds! Hope it's a breeze when you actually deliver! :-)
Chels I think the morphine was for the pain of the contractions? But I'm not sure...
Like I would know... Hahaha! My day will come. :)

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

the morphine was for both.....felt good while on it, but man I paid the price after!

Bundy Family said...

Wow atleast you get some excitement. I'm lucky I have C sections or else these babies would stay in me forever. My due date isn't till the 12th and I'm so grateful that I can go in a week earlier. This time around I've been too uncomfortable to wiat much longer. I'm counting down the days. I hope to hear good things from your doctor's appointment. Next time let's hope your water breaks so he really does have to deliver the little guy.