Sunday, January 24, 2010

What happened this week....


this didn't happen this week, but I had to post a pic from Halloween

***************************************************

So Bella is in the kitchen, when Levi enters from the garage door. Bella is so startled she actually jumps...

B: Dad! You scared me out of crap!

I love it when she gets little catch phrases wrong. It's so funny.

******************************************************

I am making dinner....

B: (whispers something)

M: What?

B: I said "EW" quietly so you wouldn't hear!

M: What's ew?

B: Green beans are ew mom!

Thank you for sparing my feelings, Bella.

Isn't that what makes kids so great, though? Their bluntness and honesty? She doesn't sugar coat things ever, and I love that about her.

***********************************************

Kailia got another staph infection on her little bum/leg area this week. This is the second one in a few months. The doc tested her and it isn't MRSA thank goodness. But he had to drain it with a pin right there in the office. No wonder my kids hate the doctor!

On this same visit, we were led back by the nurse and Paislee started yelling "NO! NO!" Even though the visit was for sis, she did NOT want anything to do with the nurses, doctor or the room.

***********************************************

So the girls' favorite bathtub toy is the empty (and clean) sour cream, yogurt, and cool whip containers. They actually fight over the "biggest" one. This is even after we got them each a new bathtub toy set for Christmas. Nice.

************************************************

We used our Christmas Gift card at the Italian Place (thank you my dear brothers). I got the turkey with everything, and cream cheese instead of provolone. I forgot how fantastic their sandwiches are! It was so good, I had to try to duplicate it today for lunch. If you've ever had a sandwich there, they mix cream cheese and some seasonings in with their turkey or steak meat. OH MY GOODNESS. Maybe it's a prego thing, but I sooo love cream cheese right now. Here is what I did to copy:

1 Pillsbury French Bread Loaf (freshly baked) they used these soft rolls, but we didn't have any
1 lb. ground pepper turkey from the deli- thinly sliced
.5 - 1 package of Italian dressing mix
1 package of FAT FREE cream cheese (less guilt)
tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onion- whatever you want!

I heated up the cream cheese with the cut up turkey, added in the entire package of Italian dressing mix (It was a little strong, so next time I would start off with half and add more if needed). I heated in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.

SO delicious! I can see using croissant rolls, a whole wheat pita, or anything really. yum.

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

Sounds yummy! I love your cute stories. I hope you never stop writing them. How are you feeling?

kellie said...

holy YUM. i am trying that one for sure. :) thanks for sharing.

i concur, on the cute stories. your girls have such big personalities. {not surprisingly at all!}