Levi and I have been making and selling wooden things like shelves, plaques, blocks, etc. to Associated Food Stores (Macey's etc.) for 8 months now. It's something we both enjoy doing together. He is always baffled by the things women buy. But I think they are so cute! We got into it because of Levi's mom. She is the floral manager at Macey's PG and wanted to give us the work instead of ordering through someone else. The other nice thing about it is it means extra money. We're not talking tons of extra money, but the construction industry is so up and down and it's really nice to have something extra that I can help bring money in with.
Why am I telling you all this? We need your help! We are going to be a vendor at the Holy Cow Boutique in Pleasant Grove this November and possibly a huge on called Santa's Workshop in St. George. We need some help coming up with the things we will be selling. We want to volume produce things that a lot of people like so we can best utilize our investment.
Will you help us out by telling us what you like best and what you would buy. I'll be posting pictures soon of the things we make! We'll also have polls. Thanks a million!
6 comments:
So in my vote I said I would rather buy things finished. But if I saw one finished for $40 and one unfinished for $20, well.... That's different! You are so awesome! I wish I could see all you make! Mmmmm...
I love all those wood signs with the vinyl words.
WE can NOT keep the 3 block words in!!! AS fast as I put them out, they are always the first to go!! Also they STILL love the magnetic recipe/photo blocks. They also prefer the wood plac's over the tile ones, all sizes. Matte finish for spray/paint is also prefered..with the antique stain over color. The easels were a hit also. YOU guys do a great job AND FYI Lyndsy has a great eye for color!
The blocks are great. And I personally like the magnet boards.I hope that works out for you! What a great idea.
Oh and I have been thinking (since I got my halloween decorations out that I made at a craft night a few years ago) you should do a craft night! When I worked at home depot a lady came in with her projects and people would sign for a night and make these fun wood decorations in her basement. I loved it! I bet you would be even better then her!
good luck, lynds, that's awesome! can't wait to see the stuff you guys make. you are so talented and crafty!
Post a Comment