Friday, March 6, 2009

time to separate & is it happy valentime's day?

This morning I was woken up to Kailia crying. I tried to ignore it hoping she would go back to sleep. Finally, I got up to check on her. She and Paislee were squished onto one side of their crib. Paislee's feet were at Kailia's head. Poor Kailia was getting kicked! Paislee, who was squawking in delight, was having a fun time. Then, it happened a second time when I put them down for their nap. They start off on separate sides of the crib and somehow end up squished together. I think it might be time to put them in separate cribs. It breaks my heart to do it, but they will probably sleep better and not beat each other up.

Bella has been talking so much lately. I love it.

This morning we had just woken up and were sitting on the couch together while I was feeding the twins. Here are a few pieces of the conversations we had.

Bella: "Mom, what happened to your hair?!?!?"
Me: "I slept on it funny, I guess."
Bella: "We gotta fix it fast!"
Me: "Thanks Bella"

Me: "Why did you wake up last night?"
Bella: "Cause I wasn't feeling good."
Me: "What was wrong?"
Bella: "Well (pronounced 'wehw') my boogers kept coming back!"

Bella: "Mom, is it my birthday?"
Me: "No, your birthday will be when it is really hot outside."
Bella: "Mom, my birthday is on Saturday!"
Me: "Oh."
Bella: "Mom! Is it Happy Valentine's Day?"
Me: "No. It isn't."
Bella: starts crying....
Me: "Okay, it can be Happy Valentine's Day."
Bella: now smiling really big

Bella really needs a holiday or a birthday party to look forward to!






6 comments:

Chelsie said...

Dear Bella,

Me too!

Love,
Auntie Chelsie

T!FF said...

She's so cute and so innocent, that's the best. Congrats on being one of the three to receive a hand made gift from me! I have to start thinking of what to make you...

Chelsie said...

So I am back, because I just have to tell you how sad I am that you have to ever seperate twins!!!! I never even THOUGHT about that, and now it will be on my mind all day. So now you know. You will be on my mind all day ;).

Unknown said...

Your girls are sooo cute.. they are all in a fun stage. Makeila and I want to come visit one of these days!

Kalli said...

Holy cow I can't handle it she is growing up and not a little baby anymore now she is a kid that still wakes up in the night cause her boogers keep coming up lol I still feel like we aren't old enough to have children ands ours are growing too fast!!!! I love her still I just don't want her to grow anymore! Love ya and thanks for the advice on Evans although disheartening cause I was leaning toward them because it is closer but good to know that they suck...

Coley said...

Jayce's birthday is next week!