The twins have been sleeping in separate cribs now for about a week. The first three nights weren't that great. I guess I was expecting them to sleep magically or something. But they were sick and stuffed up. It felt like I was up all night because Bella was having a hard time sleeping too. Levi's parents were sweet enough to come over and make us dinner and take care of the girls so I could take a nap. I didn't feel so much like a zombie. Then, the next day Levi's sister star and mom came over for like 5 hours and brought dinner and cookies, played with the kids, and cleaned up. wow! I felt like I was on a vacation. I am sooo spoiled! It was wonderful though. I took a long, uninterrupted bath & a kid-free nap. Ahhhhhhh! Wonderful. Relaxation.
Paislee and Kailia are now used to their separate cribs. They really stretch out their arms and legs when I lay them down and enjoy their new found space. Their noses aren't so crusty anymore which is a bonus.
Bella...third time potty training and this is it! I read the book, "Potty train your child in less than one day" last night. It was old school-- from 1979 but the tips and techniques were great. They really seem to empower Bella. Instead of me nagging all day I am asking her every hour, "are you dry?" She checks and tells me and I praise and give approval. We also have been talking about the long list of friends and family who are very excited and happy for her. We talk about how proud they are and that they are big too. They don't wear diapers, they wear BIG GIRL UNDIES. (even the guys! ha ha) The book is all about making sure you follow through, are consistent, and tells you how to give clear directions. It also answered all the questions I had. Being the 3rd time we've tried, I thought I had traumatized her. But it is happening. It didn't take long- just a few hours. AND NO ACCIDENTS TODAY! WAHOO!
Bella has been giving attitude lately. We were trying to get her to leave Nana's and she says, "Dad, I want to stay here. You don't get the point." Hello?! Where did she get this from? (Probably me.)
I am loving the time I have been getting to spend with my husband and girls. Time is too precious and we don't ever get it back. Once it's gone it's gone. My goal this week (and this year) is to enjoy the moments more and let the unimportant things go!
4 comments:
yay for successful potty training. oh the fun things we get to do.
sorry it took me so long to respond. i'm so bad at blogging lately. so the pics on our blog have been done by two different people. the one on the top is my sister-in-law. she's great and is starting her business but right now she is in hawaii. the pics to the right are from my friend ev. she lives in saratoga springs and her link is on my blog. it says ev and kelii and takes you to her photography blog. check her out. she's great!
sorry, their link is wunders but the website is http://blog.littlewunders.com/
Yeah Bells!!!!! Good girl!!! You are such a big girl now!
What a relief, when the children potty train. So nice! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment