Monday, April 6, 2009

struggling

The past month or two I have really been struggling! I am usually a happy and motivated person. But the last two weeks especially have been tough. I have felt extreme highs and lows, lack of drive, inadequacy, tired, worn out, overwhelmed, etc. I kept thinking, "What is my problem???" I talked to Levi and to Levi's mom about how I was feeling.I then realized maybe it was post-partum depression. I read about it online and it makes sense. I think my body is still trying to get back to "normal" from having the twins. I still haven't started my period yet and nursing two babies definitely takes it's toll.

So, I asked Levi for a blessing and it has really helped. Little by little I think I am coming out of it and am feeling more like myself. I think I need to not be so hard on myself and not expect perfection all the time. Has anyone every experienced post-partum depression? What did you do to feel better?

thanks!

11 comments:

Amy Sorenson Roberts said...

lyndsy, i totally know what your going through! I experienced post partom depression with probably all of my kids to some degree or another! I think sometimes the feelings are what just mothers have sometimes but i defenitly think postpartom has a lot to do with it. I get to the point where i just give up with the housework and then i feel like even more of a horrible mother! I just want to tell you how good you are doing with those kids!!!! I mean I have heard twins are hard and you seem to handle them pretty dang well! your such a good mother and are talented in so many ways i only wish i had half the talent that you do! I can relate with you and if there is anything you need, someone to talk to, or just need to get away for a girls night i am here for you!

Katie Goss said...

Lyndsy,
I knew there was something wrong! You haven't been yourself for quite a while. I have been praying for you and thinking of you often. Please know I am here for you

Wendy said...

Just remember you are loved! Even if you don't do the laundry or dishes for the day. I think as women we make life harder for ourselves. You have a beautiful family, but you need to take time for yourself. It's ok to worry about yourself. Write down what you are feeling. Talk about it and pray. We are all here for you! Let us help in any way that we can! I love you Lyns!

Angi Snyder said...

Lynds, I had it with Jack. They put me on meds, and as hard as it is, they really work and make the difference. I've been so worried about you, you need to let people help when they offer, or ask when they don't. You've had a lot going on, besides the kids. I know how you feel, mine hit a lot sooner, but it's all the same. We've been praying for you as a family and on our own, you have a lot of people who love you and want to help if you will let us. And don't discount the meds. Please go to your doctor. THis is not something you can just get over on your own, you need help.
Love you lots! YOu are amazing!

Chelsie said...

My sweet friend! I am so glad you blogged about this! I wish I could say I went through it and got over it and now I have a magic sure-fire cure.

I did look back after the first year with Jackson and realized, "Hey, I feel better now!" And it was funny how I didn't really realize anything was wrong before that! Good for you being willing to recognize that something is off, and now you can do something about it! I wish I could come and help, so I would just say, keep up the good work. It seems that you have good, wonderful friends around you who are willing to help through this time.

And have faith that it will pass! You will not require help forever, so don't be discouraged by it. Try to enjoy the opportunity to bond with others serving you. It is a wonderful thing, watching others help you selflessly.

I love you and I hope your days continue to brighten! If they did for me, I am sure they will for you! I love you! You are such a wonderful, loved daughter of your Heavenly Father. I can just feel it! You are special. He won't leave you, you know? Yeah, you know!

Love you,
Chelsie

The Johnsons said...

Lyndsy, You have some awesome friends! I came across this quote from President Hinckley the other day "Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out." I was suprised when I found it cause President Hinckley is quoted so often, yet I have never heard this quoted before. But he is so right! I look back at all the times in my life when I thought I could never be happy again (you were with me the one time...the fight right when you and levi were first married) But you know things work out.
I think you are amazing! And I know that "this too shall pass". You are in my prayers! Love you! Shilo

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

wow, i am just sitting here bawling my eyes out. thank you all so much for everything. i can't even tell you how much it means that you care. again, thank you.

T!FF said...

LYNDS!!! I love you! You are a such a strong women! I feel very positive that you are dealing with things the right way! Follow those feelings the good bright feelings! I am glad to know your spirits are rising! I would love to come over and bring you some of my seedling sprouts and hang with you and the girls. You know now that I married into a family of three boys!!! Bronze, Dev and Jet (Yes he is the dog but he's still a boy) I don't work Saturday's so as soon as it's warm enough to plant, we will make a date of it! I will keep everything alive until then... hopefully! Love Ya Girl!

T!FF said...

Oh and I almost forgot... my mom and sister in-law are doing a baby booth at swiss days including those cute little baby hand imprints on clay, and my mom mentioned asking you if you would be interested in selling some of your "Bella Boo" at the booth with them. I am going to give her your contact info and she will call you and see if your interested! Cause you know "SWISS DAYS" is HUGE!!! It might be a really good business opportunity if your interested!

Michelle said...

I totally understand what you are going through. I think I had it a little and it didn't help that Chris started the Police Academy the same week we had Kiara. So I was alone a lot, for the exception of some visitors. I just kept telling myself that things would get better and that if I just endured a little longer it would all be great. And I kept reminding myself that it was ok if the Laundry didn't get done(as long aswe weren't naked) and that the house could be dirty. I just needed to take care of myself and enjoy my baby. I also surrounded myself with positive/happy things. No hard music and no serious movies/tv. It helped.If you ever need a break you are welcome to call or come over!! We can let the kids destroy Kiaras room or go the the park. We have some great parks just a few blocks away.

kellie said...

I can't imagine having 3 kids and being constantly energetic and upbeat - you do an awesome job, it's obvious you're a great mom and you have a happy, healthy family!

Remember, you don't have to be perfect all the time, and it's ok to ask for help from your friends and family! Take some time for yourself once in a while- it's not selfish- it's for sanity!

Hang in there, and let me know if I can ever help, please!

You are awesome!!!