Sunday, July 27, 2008

When are we going to have these babies???

Okay, so I am not really 39 weeks pregnant, I am 35. The count down is for my "adjusted due date" since twins come a few weeks early. I am definitely progressing...I am dilated to 3 cm and 70% effaced as of last Wednesday. I went into Labor & Delivery because I was getting pretty uncomfortable and consistent contractions. Since I didn't progress in the hour that I was there, they sent me home! I was so mad about it for a few days. But after talking to a nurse in my ward, I realize it was for the best because their lungs probably aren't mature enough yet. I really would hate to have to leave them in NICU because they need extra care. I am getting so uncomfortable and impatient. I am sick of people looking at me and saying dumb things like, "You're still pregnant?" and "You look like you are going to pop!" But if I can keep them in a week or two longer, that will be best.

At my 32 week appointment Baby A measured 4 lbs even and Baby B measured 4 lbs 2 oz. So they are decent sized for their gestation. I have my 36 week ultrasound on Tuesday, so I will find out then what they are measuring. I am guessing about 5 lbs each. I can't believe I am carrying around 10 lbs of baby!!!!

3 comments:

Coley said...

I can't imagine how uncomfortable you are! Having one baby kicking is bad enough, let alone two! Are they breach or will you be able to deliver naturally?

Kalli said...

YAY! the babies are here I want to see them!

Coley said...

Congrats on your girls! Jen sent me a picture and they are so perfect!