Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who are all these little people following me?


Paislee's "bootsies"

Kailia is our skinny little runt. (She & Paislee still fit into 6-12 month clothes and they are almost 2!)




Sometimes I look at my tail of "little people" that follow me around and it hits me again that they are my children! That sounds totally crazy, I know. Sometimes I kind of forget that I am their mom and that they are my responsibility. I've been hearing all the Mother's Day ads and think, "Wow, mom's are so special". Then I think, "Oh yeah, I'm a mom!" Weird. Here are the latest things that make me glow about my own little ones...

Bella-
She is getting so dang smart. We are working on sounding out letters to make words. She loves getting her bathtub foam letters to spell our words with me. "Mom, what does that spell?" One of her favorite things is library books. She would have me read to her all day long if that were possible.

She is getting sweeter every day too. Whenever I am aching from a contraction she asks me if I am okay and then will rub my belly for a minute. She is such a sweet, thoughtful and considerate girl. She rarely complains when I ask her to do something. She is so patient and sweet with her little sisters. I am very blessed to have Bells as my oldest child.

She was so heartbroken when we thought Baby Brother was coming last Monday. Bella was very excited to hold him and finally bring him home. When we picked up the girls from Nana & Papa's she asked me where he was. I had to explain that Heavenly Father said he isn't ready to come yet. She was almost in tears!

She asked how the baby came out. I didn't want to traumatize her too much so I told her the dr. cuts a small cut on the stomach and pulls out the baby. So, last night she says:

B: "I don't ever want to get married mom!"
M: "Why?"
B: "Cause I don't want the dr. to cut open my stomach!"


Kailia-
Oh my gosh...I can't even stand how dang cute it is when she dances. She still LOVES to dance to every song she hears. I love it when she'll imitate whatever Bella does. My favorite is her robot. Even in the car today I couldn't help watching her bob her head to the music in my "mommy rear-view mirror". Maybe I should keep my eyes on the road.

Kailia is such a little parrot. I love getting her to repeat words or sentences.

"Go-di-go" is still "Water"
"EE-ah" we are pretty sure means "Open this"
"Nannies" is "Candy"
"Bee momma" is "Please mom"

And yes, I think it is true that twins come up with their own language. Paislee understands her even when we don't!

Kailia still loves pushing people's buttons. Like calling her Aunt Star, "Nana" just to make her mad. She loves taking whatever toy one of her sisters has, and will run off giggling. What a cute little stinker.


Paislee-
Such a funny girl. She really walks to the beat of her own drum. I love it. Lately she has loved her "Bootsies" these cute pink cowboy boots her Aunt Shilo got her. She insists on wearing them and loves stomping the floor with her bootsies.

She is obsessed with Bella's fish. (I am amazed that Mystery has been with us for almost an entire year.) Every morning at breakfast she has to say "Hi" to "Fishy" and climbs up on the counter to get a closer look.

Pais is an animal lover altogether. Yesterday at the duck park, she woke up all the ducks who were nice and cozy on the grass. She screamed and ran toward them as they quacked grumpily and waddled away. She still kept chasing them and almost ran into the pond 4-5 times. After pulling her away and bringing her back to the playground 17 times, I decided it was time to go.

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

I keep thinking of you and hoping that you are comfortable as is possible until that baby comes! Love you!

kellie said...

i love your stories! your girls are so beautiful. happy mothers day weekend!

Michelle said...

They are soooo cute!!! I hope everything goes well today with the baby. Rosie said that you were having a c section today... Let me know when I can take the girls or bring a meal. :) Kiara would love to play.