Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ahhhhhh!

I can officially sigh a big huge sigh of relief! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I will tell you why. I started a "Little" project last Wednesday and am now just finishing.

We did a very stupid thing when we built our home. We put in travertine tile floors in the kitchen, dining room, mudroom, laundry room, and master bathroom. WHY? Because it was "popular" at the time.

Do I recommend this flooring material for your own home? No I do not, unless you want a ton of work to keep it looking nice.

Since we built our home 2 1/2 years ago, we have had to steam clean every little crevice on it to seal it three times. Because travertine is a natural stone, it sucks up every little particle of dirt.

Hopefully we have sealed it for the last time. We found a product that will seal it for 30 years. It is the same sealer they use in the LDS Temples (so it must be good, right?) It also gives it a "wet" look so it's all shiny and pretty.

I am just relieved we have finally finished! I have spent at least 4 all days scrubbing, grouting, cleaning, painting (don't ask) and sealing.

But, AHHHHHHHHH. I'm done. So worth it.

I will post some pics in a couple days when we can walk on it. Yeah, our table has been in our living room for almost a week now!

5 comments:

Jill Revell said...

Wow! What a big project. I bet that feels great to get done.

nana rosie said...

will you do my sidewalk next? Or how about my driveway? Your my hero!! Levi, you better take her out for a BIG fancy dinner for doing YOUR job!

Angi Snyder said...

What did you steam clean it with? OUrs always looks dirty, I hate it!

nana rosie said...

Yo we need before & after pics to get the whole story!

Michelle said...

I hate projects like that. But in the end its really nice to have accomplished. Way to go busy lady.
I tried to email you but maybe you didn't get it. I was wondering who takes all your pics? We need pics done so I am looking.